Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chicken Bacon Wraps

This seems to be my two roommates favorite night, the night that they walk into the kitchen and see that there is chicken wrapped in bacon cooking in the oven. And i have to agree with them, it quite possibly be my favorite night too. Although my belly gets super full, way too full. The recipe is one i found on pinterest and i couldn't resist. Might I say it's a fav of the family too?
Chicken Bacon Wraps:

ingredients:
chicken breasts
bacon strips
chili powder
brown sugar
honey

directions:
1. Thaw out chicken breasts. (one per person)
2.Mix together chili powder and brown sugar. The spicier you want them, add more chili powder.
3. Cut chicken into small strips.
4.Cut strips of bacon into thirds.
5. Dip chicken strips into mixture of powder and sugar and wrap in a small strip of bacon.
6. Repeat until chicken is gone.
7. Pour honey onto the wraps before you put them in the oven.
8. Place in oven at 425 for about thirty minutes or until chicken is done.

And voila!! Basically the tastiest thing you've ever put in your mouth!


Also i made unsweet tea...don't freak out! I don't drink unsweet tea. Ugh gross, I'm pretty sure i drink more sweet tea than a marathon runner drinks water. But i wanted to try and make Demos' famous liquid sugar to sweeten our sweet tea!

Don't be fooled by the awesome shaker. Being college students all we do here is drink right? Haha wrong. My two roommates and I are about the three most sad excuses for college kids. This is the only cup i had to pour anything out of. (by the way this shaker came from bath and body works around new years last year with lotion in it. i just wanted it because it was pink) Anyways, this liquid sugar stuff was absolutely amazing. It also let me sweeten my tea more than my roommates, which is the way i like it. I told Danny if i didn't drink so much sweet tea, i wouldn't be so sweet.

Demos' Liquid Sugar
ingredients:
equal parts sugar and water

Directions:
1. Combine both ingredients in saucepan over heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Pour mixture into a pourable glass and enjoy!!


Finally I have gotten my Princess decals back up on my walls making me feel a bit less anxious about the way my walls look. Soon enough they will be full and back to normal!!


Cause i'm a princess...duh.
Tomorrow will consist of cleaning and making everything look good for our guests for Friday =)
Can't wait for Mom, Nanny, Aunt Faye, Aunt Sabin, and maybe Aunt Marty to come see the new place friday! Also, i get to see my two favorite men in the whole wide world Friday, Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean or as i like to call them, Lukey and Jay Jay. And i cannot wait. Lastly i will leave you guys with this. This is my two cousins and I recreating an old picture that nanny has stored away at her house, sadly we took up alot less of the kitchen floor in the old picture.


x0Princess Lacey


2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog! Your energy shines right through - keep up the good work. Oh and BTW, you can do the same with pineapple as you do with the chicken - just leave out the honey & chili powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jenn!! im so glad you like my blog and im so glad you look at it! an audience! im moving on up!!

    ReplyDelete