Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crockpot Fever!

Oddly, I decided to start up my blog yet again randomly, and as I signed on I saw that the last time I did  a blog was one year ago yesterday! SO WEIRD! This calls for a celebration, HERE'S A POST!

So with many events going on in my life and me basically almost living with my two best friends, (my boyfriend and his best friend) I have grown a very fond liking to their Crockpot. I have never owned a Crockpot before (GASPS) I know I know! I am a 22 year old woman and Ii have never owned a Crockpot! My name should be cursed! That just means I have alot of making up to do! My awesome mom also let me use hers which is a little bigger ( since the boys eat more than cows) and sometimes it's harder to squeeze all the food I'm making for the three, four, or five of us. (depending on it the neighbors are eating) Five boys + One girl = ALOT OF FOOD! And alot of opportunities for opinions! And I love opinions other than my own when it comes to cooking!

And hopefully after Christmas I will officially have my very own Crockpot. I've got my eye on this beauty from Target that just screams "LACEY!"
Anyways! Now that I'm in the process of becoming the Crockpot Queen, I've been trying out various recipes. (All of which have been successful so far!) This one however is great for a chilly fall/winter day like today here in Tennessee!! Here we all sit snuggled up by the Christmas tree (yes its November 19 and we have our tree up) watching basketball on TV and eating this amazing Crockpot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup! I got this recipe from pinterest! Here's the original post!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/56224695321687727/

Without further or due, here it is! Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup!
First I chopped up four stalks of celery, one whole onion, and a bunch of little baby carrot minis!
Aren't these colors just breathtakingly beautiful???

Next I added three large chopped chicken breasts.(but I could've added more)
And one container of chicken broth. (also could've used more)
We added some salt, pepper, and a little crushed red pepper. 
We let it set on high for about three hours until the chicken was almost done, then we chopped up the chicken even more, almost shred it. And let it cook for three more hours on high. 
THEN
Add three cups of extra wide noodles and let set for thirty minutes before you chow down on this beauty.

I don't like my soup extra soupy so this one turned out almost like a stroganoff. MAN was it a good stroganoff! If you wanted it soupier, there was soupier parts at the bottom. This recipe is HIGHLY recommended, and has been approved by my boys! 



xoxo Princess Lacey



No comments:

Post a Comment