Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kate Spade Keds

Or as I like to call them; Perfection south of my ankles.

Kate Spade is one of my favorite and most brilliant designers this world has ever known (behind Lilly Pulitzer of course!) And she has recently put out a line of Keds tennis shoes which I have just absolutely fallen in love with! The only thing that I could not handle about them is their price tag. For a whopping $75 (EEEK) These babies can be yours!


OR For a whopping $19 THESE pretties can be yours!!

Literally almost identical...or maybe i'm just biased because I MADE THESE! Yes you are entitled to your wrong opinion if you don't agree but they are basically identical!

After falling in love with the originals, I remembered that almost year round Target sells plain white Keds looking shoes so almost immediately I took a little trip down there. I managed to pick up most of my supplies there.

Mossimo white tennis shoes: $15
Gold paint pen (Hobby Lobby): $3
Hott Pink Sharpie: $1


First I removed the shoelaces.

Then I started on the pink stripe that goes all the way around the bottom of the shoe.
This step was the biggest pain. The rubber of the shoe DID NOT like the pink Sharpie.

Then I started on the gold dots! Make sure they're very random.

Then to add a little extra flair I decided to color the end of the shoelaces gold just like Kate Spade had done.

And just like that you're all done! Move over Kate Spade! There's a new girl in town!

These pictures don't quite do them justice, but I am just beside myself over these! They make me squeal!!

P.S. Starbucks just released the most ADORABLE coffee mug and I just HAD to have it!! It has so much Kate Spade in it. For goodness sake it has a TUTU!! Also since my boyfriend just got a knockoff Keurig coffee maker I needed something to drink my warm drinks in!

Please try and tell me this isn't the cutest thing you've ever laid your pretty little eyes on (besides my shoes of course)



xoxo Princess Lacey









2 comments: