Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Gingerbread House Tradish

One of my FAVORITE traditions my family does happens on Thanksgiving after the wonderful turkey, hash browns, and broccoli salad has been consumed. Before we all get the chance to clean up our dirty dishes, the aunts and the kids rush down into the basement for Christmas Gingerbread House decorating!!!

Last year was by far my best gingerbread house I have ever made! And oddly, what I did on my house last year ( Lilly Pulitzer) is still my obsession this year. And I DO NOT double up years. So I decided to channel my inner creativity to another one of my favorite things this year... my boys. Also if I channel it towards them, it will look quite nice in the middle of their apartment.

You see, living with boys can be quite fun and rewarding. Maybe not for most girls, but I actually enjoy sports and I learn more about baseball from them on a daily basis. (I already know everything there is to know about football. wink wink) My boys are very passionate about baseball and VERY passionate about their St. Louis Cardinals. And I have learned an ungodly about of knowledge about the Cardinals this year. (my Atlanta Braves loving Great Grandaddy is currently rolling over in his grave) Which is what I've chosen as my theme for my house this year!

This is the beloved Busch Stadium which is what I will base my design off of. The main color will obviously be red, which lucky for me most Christmas candy is red! I cannot wait to make Cardinals, the St. Louis Arch, and a baseball diamond come to life in the form of a gingerbread house!

BUT UNTIL THEN! How about you kids enjoy my awesome gingerbread house from last year! Lilly Pulitzer was my inspiration as you will see. And I must admit, I STILL have it. I just couldn't find the heart to throw this glorious creation away! It was mostly made of colored icing so it's just hard now. 


From the top!
And obvi Santa in a Lilly Pulitzer shift dress!


Can't wait to show you guys how it comes out on Thursday!!
Stay tuned!

xoxo Princess Lacey


No comments:

Post a Comment