Sunday, November 18, 2012

Glossy vs. Matte

not just regular paint, nail polish of course.
I've always, always, always been a glossy girl. A pretty polished shiny top coat has always done it for me. But there's a new trend in town and until recently I have not been a big fan of it at all. But i finally broke down and decided to try it after I saw a gorgeous picture on Pinterest of OPI Russian Navy in a beautiful matte finish top coat and i just knew I had to try it.

When it comes to nail polish, I like any girl, has her favorite brands. I've always been an OPI and or Essie girl. That is until I became a broke college student trying to get by. Every once in a while I can splurge on OPI or Essie but for as much as I love and like to change my nail polish color, a more affordable brand was in store for me. The fact that I have discovered NYC and Wet and Wild nail polish just makes me so happy. From .99 cents to $1.99, I can find almost exactly the same nail polish color for almost ten dollars less. Today I was looking for a matte top coat.

The overall favorite matte top coat and the obvious choice would be Essie's Matte About You, but at $8.99 at least, I just couldn't bring myself to test it. So I set out on a mission.



and here are the results!! I found at Walmart for $1.99 NYC's Matte Me Crazy. The reviews were even better than Essie's and the price was unbelievable! After trying it out on top of my simple red polish, I fell in love. Tomorrow, Russian Navy will be tested, but for now here a preview of the difference i found online. 

This picture is Essie's Matte about you over Russian Navy.

Next, This is NYC's Matte Me Crazy over Russian Navy.

I even like the bottom one better!! I cannot wait to try it out tomorrow!!


Stay tuned for Thursdays post. I get to make my Lilly Pulitzer Gingerbread house with the family!!!

x0x0 Princess Lacey





No comments:

Post a Comment