Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Junk Journal

As much as I love my iPhone, I don't use it for things that a lot of people use it for. I use mine for social media and my alarm. I've barely even touched the calendar. I just love the reassurance of having all of my plans and such written down. Plus I grew up with my mom keeping calendars and writing everything down from years past and I always loved that she was able to look up exactly when things happened. Same has always gone for when I write or want to create something. Microsoft word has always been there and I've tried to use it to store my thoughts but I just can't seem to get into it other than school work. Pinterest was a little different to me. I am absolutely obsessed with Pinterest and my Pinterest boards are one of my favorite things in this world because of the inspiration it sparks for me. So a long time ago I decided, why not bring my Pinterest boards to life by letting them spill into my notebook that I write in and always keep with me any ways? With a little creativity and a little push stemmed from Aunt Laurie, I got to work.
Apparently there's a thing going around called a "Smash" book. If you've been left out of the loop like me, a smash book is somewhat a less formal way of scrapbooking. You can actually buy a "Smash" book but I prefer to use my own. It's nothing but a notebook full of quotes, pictures, and anything you can possibly cram in there. I might have been left out of the loop on the lingo of this so called "Smash" book, but I have carried a Junk Journal for a long time now. For as long as I can remember, I cannot possibly leave the house without my planner and at least one notebook just in case something sparks a little in my mind that i need to jot it down. My junk journal includes lots of thoughts, quotes, and any picture I find inspiration from from my Pinterest page.
I just cannot help but to be so proud and excited when I finish a new page in my junk journal. The inspiration that comes from these mostly come from my Pinterest board titled "Creative Inspiration." I will pin and pin for days and at the end of the week, I will print off that ones that stand out to me and cut and paste and Voila! You too can do a junk journal! Some may see it as a waste of time, but I see it as a way to get out all of the ideas constantly moving through my mind.
Now what are you waiting for? Run to the store, grab a composition notebook and some wash tape and get to work! If you want to go the actual "Smash" book route, Michael's carries them and I'm sure Hobby Lobby does too.

If You'd like to follow me on my AWESOME Pinterest page, or just take a look at a little inspiration, here's the link to my page! 

http://www.pinterest.com/lacey_denton/

xoxo Princess Lacey

1 comment: