Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014: A Reflection

2014 has been a whirlwind of a year. I said goodbye to some. I said hello to many others. And I'm very thankful for everything that has happened this year. 

2014 was a year of... Friends.
From Christmas parties...

To shot gunning beers at a formal event...


To taking a spring break trip to Panama City Beach, this year has been heavily weighed on my awesome group of friends.

2014 has been a year of... Music
From hearing music on the beach everyday on spring break...

To dancing on the bar during CMA fest at Coyote Ugly...

To CMA fest week as a whole. If you don't know what CMA fest is, it's the best week of the year. A huge country music festival in downtown Nashville. What most don't know is that there are free shows all day before the big shows at night. I highly recommend everyone coming to it!



Music is the best part about living around Nashville. Some stars like Jake Owen play spastic summer ending shows that can be announced as late as the day of. Being an hour from Nashville, it's easy to head down there.

And here's the biggest part of the year as far as music goes. I was blessed enough to get to go with my best friend as he tried out for The Voice, American Idol, and America's Got Talent. The Voice turned him down, but made him insanely more driven to try again. As far as American Idol goes, I'm not allowed to reveal results until it airs at the first of the year, but watch for him! And for America's Got Talent, we will find out if he makes it in the early of the year. Collin White is his name. You can find him on youtube, Spotify, and ITunes. Check him out, my best friend has some badass talent.
2014 was a year of... Fishing
Many free moments this year on warm days, I found myself down by the river, at a pond, or by Dunbar cave fishing with anyone that would accompany me. 

Cousins and friends almost always joined.

And whats an afternoon of fishing without a cold one?

Sometimes we even fish for trees. Right shelby?



2014 was a year of....Baseball.
In 2014, the combination of dill pickle sunflower seeds and baseball stole my heart.

I went to my first MLB game and absolutely fell in love with my St. Louis Cardinals.

And it was confirmed that beer and Cardinal baseball is the most perfect combination that there is.

And that Busch Stadium is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
2014 was a year of...Family.
The best family in this world.

I got to see two of my cousins graduate high school.

And my favorite family tradition...Bell Buckle.

And of course an annual beach trip.

Look at all those good looking girls.
2014 was a year of...New Beginnings.



The Titans got a new head coach and I got to tour my favorite place to be. 

ANDDDD I moved into  new apartment.


This is the cleanest it's ever been. Oooops.

Oh yes and I reconnected with this amazing man. Hanging out with someone that you always have fun with is pretty great.
Goodbye 2014! Can't wait to see what 2015 has in store.
xo Princess Lacey.








No comments:

Post a Comment