Friday, October 23, 2015

Fri-Yay Favz

Well happy Friday to all!! I hope you’re at least half as glad as I am that it is finally Friday. Because it’s finally Friday it’s time for another Friday Favs post! Here’s five things that I can’t seem to get enough of this week.

1)My record/tape player. I’m an old soul of some sorts and I’ve always had a thing for the crackling sounds of records as they spin around. Also the way that I can’t rewind or fast forward through my tape player has a way of making me enjoy what song is on at that very moment. I got my record player for Christmas probably at least 8 years ago. For the longest time, it sat upstairs in my parent’s house mostly untouched. But when I moved into my larger apartment last January, a small spot opened up and I knew I had the best accessory. Now I just couldn’t imagine my house without it. One of my favorite thrift stores close to where I work has super cheap records and even cheaper tapes. Hello Footloose soundtrack for 35 cents!

2)Sports are my thing. Baseball. Football. And Hockey. Last year I started going to a lot of the Nashville Predators games and I am now addicted. The chilliness of the room, following the puck, the fights, the penalties and power plays, and yelling “HEY YOU SUCK” after we score a goal. There’s just nothing like it. I’ve made it to all four home games so far this year and I don’t plan on stopping! $15 day of tickets are a dream come true. GO PREDS!

3) It’s getting chilly here in Tennessee, and on a crisp cool fall morning there is nothing more that I like to do that to sit under my party barn curled up in my blanket, sitting in my new old chair, (I’ll attach a picture below) a cup of coffee and my “The 52 List Project” book. I write all of the time whether it is in my notebook or lists at work, a pen is constantly in my hand. The 52 List Project forces you to think outside the box and pushes you to fill out each list fully. It might be something as simple as “ What are your favorite things about fall?” But something about the way it gets my brain going and makes me think about the little positive things about my day is what has me filling out a new list each week.

4) This week was Tom Petty’s birthday so it’s only fitting that I am currently only jamming out to this jewel. The song is called “You Don’t Know How It Feels,” and I’m insanely in love with it. It’s an excellent song to whistle to whether or not you know the words and my whistling has currently became a hobby of mine so any song with whistling in the background is one that I get stuck in my head. Happy Birthday Tom Petty!!

5)      Last but not least, getting up early is not my favorite thing nor is it my forte. But showering after I wake up in the morning and washing and drying my hair is literally my least favorite thing in this world. I might be a little late for this because winter is coming quickly but I recently came across this Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renew Beach Spray. Beach sprays typically don’t do much to my hair because my hair is flat as a 2x4 but something about this stuff brings the slightest bit of wave to my hair and I love it. I’ll dry the roots of my hair, spray this on and head to work most mornings. Maybe it’s because I just love messy hair (mostly because I can’t get mine to remain tame) but I’ve been pretty impressed with this stuff. 

Here's my new adorable chair under the party barn. I'm so it love with it. It's like a warm hug.

And here's my morning view when I sit in it.






see ya'll next week. 

LD.


No comments:

Post a Comment